Saturday, January 14, 2012

Catching up to day 91 (1st Grade)

So as you might assume we have been busy here for awhile.  A lot has happen since I posted last.  Roberto was chosen as a STAR Student at his school in November.  The award involved the principal and two school staff members stopping by for a home visit and giving us some gifts for Roberto including a certificate, a pencil and a drawstring backpack.  The next day at school Roberto was honored with a few other students in front of his whole school and received a cool star pin.  Roberto has been caught been Caught Being Good 6 times already this year!!! He also has a cool thing at his school called the Power Store which, for those from Manteno, like our Caught Being Good in which you collect little tickets for good behavior and you can save them up to get prizes.  This most recent time Roberto had 65 soar tickets saved up!!! And yes my reaction was HOLY COW...AWESOME DUDE!!! He decided to cash in and get a Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs book and a package of animal crackers!!! He super loves the Power Store.  Today Roberto came home with a little trophy and a laminated award to honor him for being one of the students of the month for December...they call it the Thunderbird Award.  The holidays were semi-frazzling like I'm assuming everyone's were, but we made it through in one piece.  A highlight for Thanksgiving is that I made my first 2 turkeys this year!!! One whole turkey stuffed with aromatics and then a sectioned turkey with cranberry orange glaze (this one was my total favorite).  We provided and cooked almost all of the food for Thanksgiving with my husband's family get together, but for Christmas we opened it up as a potluck for everyone.  For Christmas I made marble cupcakes with a holiday buttercream that I came up with and topped it with a cute little gingerbread marshmallow. I so gotta upload some photos. Oh and I forgot to mention the fun gifts that I made Roberto's teacher for Thanksgiving and Christmas!!!  I made these cute sugar cookies with turkeys on them and a gorgeous mini cake in a holiday tin.  The boys both loved all the family time and they loved their presents.  Sam has been working on school stuff with me and he really loves some apps that I downloaded for him.  Since I have been off of work I have actually gotten a lot of our house unburied from the clutter that was hanging out from after the move.  I have some good news out this time apart from my blog...my ankle has finally been diagnosed and I have surgery scheduled for February 21.  Finally something is being done.  With this I leave you for the night and look forward to the 100th day of school for the 1st grade year.

No comments:

Post a Comment